What happened to Ishowspeed? Unpacking Controversy The Shocking Moments You Cant-Miss

May 2024 · 4 minute read

In the world of YouTube, where the content is as diverse as the creators themselves, one popular YouTuber has taken the term “shocking content” to a whole new level.

With 25,000 viewers as their unsuspecting audience, this content creator’s eyebrow-raising act has left fans both scandalized and wondering if the banhammer of YouTube justice is about to drop.

Strap in, folks, because this is one wild ride through the realm of online antics that you won’t want to miss!

Don’t Skip! Who is IShowSpeed?

Darren Jason Watkins Jr., also known online as IShowSpeed or Speedy, is an American YouTuber, football player, hip-hop artist, sporadic vlogger, and variety live-streamer who resides in Cincinnati, Ohio.

On his numerous gaming and entertainment livestreams, Darren is renowned for his extravagant, irascible, ostentatious, and hot-headed persona.

Full NameDarren Jason Watkins Jr.
Age18 Years
Height5′ 7″
Net Worth$12 million
NationalityAmerican
Social MediaInstagram, X, YouTube, TikTok

In 2021, he was one of the youngest creators with the fastest-growing channel, and he also rose to prominence by gaining over 1 million subscribers in a matter of days.

Darren is one of the most popular YouTubers of color with more than 25 million subscribers across all three of his channels.

What happened to IShowSpeed?

In his first EA FC 24 stream, IShowSpeed unpacked a female player without appearing to realize that she is now a part of Ultimate Team, which caused him to become enraged. On September 19, IShowSpeed launched his first EA FC 24 stream. 

He immediately launched Ultimate Team to check out all the new features during that time.

The earliest a player can get their hands on EA FC 24 is on September 22, but if you are a lucky content creator, you will already have the game in your possession with all of its contents to explore. 

However, it appears he was unaware that female players are now included in Ultimate Team, which left him perplexed and frustrated after opening a pack.

Speed appears to forget you can pack women in EA FC 24pic.twitter.com/wuZs6YS2SV

— Dexerto (@Dexerto) September 20, 2023

The Incident Unfolds: Is that a girl?

When Speed first loaded Ultimate Team, he was surprised to see a female player in his squad and exclaimed, “Girls? I am tweaking the chat. Is that a girl?”

Following the initial response, Speed set about organizing his team, from selecting the jerseys to giving his club a name and creating a club badge. He continued by cracking open some Ultimate Team packs. 

But when Hannah Blundell from Manchester United arrived, he was furious because it had happened again. “What in the f***! Is that a girl? After noticing the player card, Speed yelled. 

What the ****? Eriksen, is that you? Speed questioned after Blundel and Christian Eriksen of Manchester United were mixed up. “Who in the f*** is this? Eriksen, bruh, is that you? Whoa, what the f***? 

Misgendering and Outrage

After the shock subsided, he referred to the player as “he must be new to the squad” while misgendering him. It is my fault; he must be a new member of the squad.

Even though Speed insists he watches Man Untied every day, it appears he is not familiar with their women’s team. 

EA initially faced criticism from the public after announcing that female players would be accessible in Ultimate Team.

An employee of Dexerto later informed us that the decision to include them in the Ultimate Team was a result of a natural evolution.

A Flash of Controversy

Speed began screaming at one of the video game characters on August 16 as he was live-streaming his performance of Five Nights at Freddy’s.

In front of his live viewers, he abruptly got up and showed himself. It appears to have been a mishap.

Then he promptly sat back down. When he realized what had happened, he exclaimed, “Oh, my god.”

It was already too late because social media was already flooded with flash-moment videos.

As a result of the outrage, some fans who had previously let their young children watch Speed’s videos are now reconsidering their relationship with the YouTuber.

If Speed does not come clean and explain what happened, he might end up having his YouTube account suspended.

Health Struggles and Recovery

In July 2023, Speed had a severe sinus infection that had caused his right eye to swell and become shut.

In addition, he was identified as having cluster headaches, a rare condition that results in excruciating headaches only on one side of the head.

Speed had told his followers what his condition was. Right now, I am experiencing what is known as a cluster headache. a fatal headache disorder.

In a video, he said, “I can not eat, I can not sleep, and I can not do anything right now.”

Speed underwent treatment at a hospital in Tokyo, Japan, and recovered. On August 15, 2023, he resumed his live broadcast.

ncG1vNJzZmiolZq9tMPIs2Wcp51kuaLAxKyrZqCfqXy4tMCtZKGZoKWyr7HDZquoZZmotbDD0qmcnpxf