Who is Singer Gregory Abbott? His Age, Family & More

May 2024 · 5 minute read

Who is Gregory Abbott?

Gregory Abbott, full name Gregory Joel Abbott, is a well-reputed and brilliant personality known as an American singer, musician, composer, and producer. Gregory was born in New York, United States, on April 2, 1954. He is one of the bold, confident, hardworking, stylish, and handsome American singers aged 69. Gregory was spotlighted after his singles in the mid-1980s, including “Shake You Down”.

Gregory has debuted his outstanding voice in numerous hit songs, including Say You, Will, I’ll Prove It to You, Shake You Down, Wait Until Tomorrow, Rhyme and Reason, I’ll Find a Way, Let Me Be Your Hero, You’re My Angel, Summer in the City.

Gregory’s other famous songs are Back to Stay, Unfinished Business; My Heart Has Found a Home, Chill, Runaway, Crazy Over You, Rhythm Rhyme, I Can See Clearly, Do the Caribbean, Without You, Magic, Sugar Sugar, Three Little Birds, Handyman, One World, and several others. Gregory’s biography is accessible on numerous websites, including Wikipedia and IMDb.

AboutInfo
Full NameGregory Joel Abbott
ProfessionAmerican Singer, Musician, Composer, and Producer
Popular ForAfter His Singles in the mid-1980s, including “Shake You Down.”

Birthday and Zodiac

Age (As of 2023)69 years old
Date of BirthApril 2, 1954
Zodiac SignAries
Birth PlaceNew York City, New York, the United States
NationalityAmerican
EthnicityN/A

Education

School/UniversityThe University of Texas at Austin

Physical Stats

Height5 feet and 7 inches
Eye ColorDark Brown
WeightA56 kilograms

Net worth

Estimated net worth$23 Million approx

Family and Relationship

FatherCalvin Roger Abbott
MotherDoris Lechristia Jacks
WifeFreda Payne
ChildrenGregory Abbott Jr. (Son)
SiblingsN/A

Social media

Gregory Abbott Biography TimeLine

Gregory Abbott is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer best known for his hit single “Shake You Down.” Born on April 2, 1954, in New York, Abbott first gained recognition in the 1980s with his smooth and soulful voice, which blended elements of R&B, pop, and jazz.

1954: Born in New York.

1986: Released his debut album “Gregory Abbott.”

1987: Had a hit with the single “Shake You Down,” which reached number one on the R&B charts and was certified platinum.

1988: Won a Soul Train Music Award for Best New R&B/Soul or Rap Artist.

1991: Released the album “I’ll Prove It to You.”

2000: Continued to perform and tour and released several more albums.

Gregory Abbott is a talented and versatile artist who has significantly impacted the music industry. With his smooth voice and soulful style, he continues entertaining and inspiring audiences worldwide.

Gregory Abbott Age

Gregory was born in New York, United States, on April 2, 1954. He is one of the bold, confident, hardworking, stylish, and handsome American singers aged 69.

Gregory Abbott Wikipedia

Gregory’s biography is accessible on numerous websites, including Wikipedia and IMDb.

Gregory Abbott’s Net Worth

Gregory is famously recognized globally as a famous American singer, musician, composer, and producer. Abbott earns a significant amount of money throughout his victorious career. Gregory’s net worth is evaluated to be $23 Million. He lives a beautiful and luxurious lifestyle with his happy family.

Gregory Abbott Parents

His mother and father raised Gregory in New York, United States. Talking about his parents, he is the blessed son of Doris Lechristia Jacks (mother) and Calvin Roger Abbott (father). It is still not known whether Gregory possesses any siblings or not.

Gregory Abbott Nationality

Gregory’s nationality holds American citizenship, and his race is American.

Gregory Abbott Now

Gregory is one of the bold, confident, hardworking, stylish, and handsome American singers aged 69.

Gregory Abbott Shake You Down

Gregory Abbott was spotlighted after his singles in the mid-1980s, including “Shake You Down”.

Gregory debuted his voice in the outstanding hit song “I’ll prove It to You”.

Gregory Abbott Wife

Gregory is happily married to a famous American actress and singer, Freda Payne. They both tied the knot in December 1976.

Gregory Abbott Jr

Gregory Abbt and his wife share one handsome son named Gregory Abbott Jr., born on September 19, 1977.

Gregory Abbott’s Net Worth

Talking Gregory’s net worth, his net worth is evaluated to be $23 Million.

Gregory Abbott Twitter

It seems like Gregory is entirely accessible on social media platforms. Abbott has his own official social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter. Talking about his Twitter, Gregory has achieved 19.4k followers on his official Twitter account. Likewise, he has 165K followers on his official Facebook account.

Trivia

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is Gregory Abbott?

Gregory Abbott is an American singer, musician, composer, and producer known for his hit song “Shake You Down.”

When was Gregory Abbott born?

Gregory Abbott was born on April 2, 1954.

Where was Gregory Abbott born?

Gregory Abbott was born in New York City, New York, United States.

What genre of music does Gregory Abbott perform?

Gregory Abbott performs R&B and soul music.

What is Gregory Abbott’s most famous song?

Gregory Abbott’s most famous song is “Shake You Down,” which reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1986.

What instruments does Gregory Abbott play?

Gregory Abbott plays piano, guitar, bass, and drums.

What is Gregory Abbott’s net worth?

Gregory Abbott’s net worth is evaluated to be $23 Million.

What other songs has Gregory Abbott released?

Gregory Abbott has released other songs such as “I’ll Prove It to You,” “Let Me Be Your Hero,” and “The Backyard.”

Has Gregory Abbott won any awards?

Gregory Abbott has not won any major music awards, but he has received recognition for his contributions to music.

Is Gregory Abbott still performing?

Yes, Gregory Abbott still performs and tours occasionally.

Has Gregory Abbott acted in any movies or TV shows?

Yes, Gregory Abbott has acted in movies and TV shows such as “The Ladies Man” and “New York Undercover.”

Does Gregory Abbott have any children?

Yes, Gregory Abbott has a daughter named Madison Abbott.

What is Gregory Abbott’s educational background?

Gregory Abbott studied psychology and music at the University of California, Berkeley.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7uLHBqJ2boZ9jsLC5jqCpnp%2Bfp8ZurcGbpq2sXw%3D%3D