Who is Joann Kelly? Wiki, Biography, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Family, Net worth, Career & Facts

May 2024 · 7 minute read

Joann Kelly aka Buku Abi (born March 19, 1998; Age: 23 years old) is a famous singer, actress, model, Internet personality, and social media star from the United States. She is famously known in the country as the daughter of the famous singer, musician, composer, and rapper named R. Kelly. 

Apart from this, she is also well-known for her incredible voice and songs. Some of her songs are Back up, Mmm Yea, MAD, Sarah, and many more. Let me tell you that her father, R. Kelly, is found guilty of racketeering, sex trafficking, kidnapping, and other 7 counts. 

He will remain in custody till May 4, 2022, as per the court’s order. Besides this, Joann also doesn’t have any smooth relations with her father because of his exploiting works. However, she came into the spotlight in 2020, after shared that she suffered a miscarriage. Keep reading the article to know the height, boyfriend, family, lifestyle, profession, age, wiki, bio, net worth, and many more about Joann Kelly. 

Joann Kelly’s Biography, Wikipedia (Birthday / Education)

Biodata– Joann Kelly took birth on March 19, 1998, in Chicago, Illinois, USA. She is currently living in Miami, Florida, United States. Her full real name is Joann Lee Kelly. Let me tell you that she is famously known in the country with her stage name ‘Buku Abi’. 

Her age is 23 years old (as of 2021). She enrolled herself in a local school for her basic studies Later she joined a reputed high school for her high school graduation. In an interview, she said that she was bullied in her school because of her dad’s misconduct and she even thought of suicide. 

Joann Kelly Wiki (Age / BIO / Trivia) 

Full Real NameJoann Lee Kelly.
Famous NamesJoann Kelly.
Buku Abi.
Date of BirthMarch 19, 1998.
Age (as of 2021)23 years old.
Place of BirthChicago, Illinois, USA.
Current ResidenceMiami, Florida, United States.
Net worthUSD 1-2 Million (approx.).
NationalityAmerican. 
ReligionChristianity. 
ProfessionSinger, Actress, and social media star.
Zodiac SignPisces.
EducationHigh School Graduate.
School/CollegeLocal High School in America.
EthnicityAfrican-American.

Joann Kelly’s Family & Ethnicity

Joann Lee Kelly is the oldest daughter of her parents. The name of her father is R. Kelly aka Robert Sylvester Kelly. On the other hand, the name of her mother is Andrea Kelly. Andrea is a well-known actress, choreographer, and dancer. 

Her parents got separated in 2009 because of the behavior of her father. Buku Abi has two younger brothers named Jay Kelly and Robert Kelly Jr. Buku follows the Christianity religion and belongs to an African-American ethnical background. 

Joann Kelly’s Father, Mother’s Name & Siblings

ParentsFather: R. Kelly.
Mother: Andrea Kelly.
BrothersJay Kelly.
Robert Kelly Jr.

Who is Joann Kelly’s Father R. Kelly? 

R. Kelly is known in the country for his popular songs. He has released many songs such as TP-2.com, Dedicated, Half on a Baby, Did You Ever Think, Home Alone, and many more. Let me tell you that R. Kelly was arrested on July 11, 2019, due to sexual misconduct and other allegations. 

On 27 September 2021, he was found guilty of 9 allegations, that includes racketeering, violation of the Mann Act, sexual exploitation of a child, kidnapping, sex trafficking, and many more. He was ordered to remain in the custody until May 4, 2022, for further hearing by the court. 

Joann Kelly’s Boyfriend, Husband & Miscarriage 

Joann Kelly is a young and pretty singer. She was in a relationship with a man but she didn’t disclose his identity on any social media platform. Apart from this, she has posted many pictures with her friend ‘KT Darkboiii’, who is also a singer. 

As per the reports, in November 2020, Kelly shared a post on her Instagram and shared that she had a miscarriage on 1st October 2020. She wrote that she lost her 2-months-old son and missing her son very badly. She has also posted the image of her ultrasound scan on her IG profile. She said:-

See Also- Who is Bruce Kelly? Wiki, Biography, Net worth, Wife & Facts About R. Kelly’s Brother

Dear son. My heart is broken you left me so soon. If I’m honest… I’m angry too. A lot has happened this year that I don’t understand… but I don’t want to believe it, admit it, move on.”

Joann Kelly’s Height, Weight & Physical Appearance 

Buku has maintained her figure very well. Her estimated height is 165 cm (5 feet and 5 inches). She does regular exercise to maintain her weight at around 52 kg (in pounds: 114 lbs). She has black curly hair. She loves to ink tattoos on her body.

Height (approx.)In Feet Inches: 5′ 5″
In Meters: 1.65 m
In Centimetres: 165 cm
Weight (approx.)In Kilograms: 52 kg
In Pounds: 114 lbs
Hair ColorBlack.
Hair LengthMedium. 
Eye ColorDark Brown. 
Tattoos She has inked many tattoos on her body.

Joann Kelly’s Career, Lifestyle & Professions 

Joann Lee Kelly decided to be a singer but not like her father. She said that she faced a lot of struggle and rejection by the people because of her father’s inappropriate words and behavior. She did a lot of hard work to be a successful singer. 

Singing & Songs List

Buku Abi started her career in 2019 and released a debut album named ‘Don’t Call Me’. Her genre of music is Indie and Alternative. She has launched 6 songs in her first album. The titles of the songs are Philosophy, Call in Confusion, Feel on Me, Dhmu, Late Night, and Location. 

In 2020, she launched another album named Cheers to You, Shadow. It includes Sarah (Bonus Track), Back Up, Mmm Yea, You Ain’t A Threat (feat. Kyd Taurian), Swift, MAD, and Backwood Interlude. Both albums are on fire and are much liked by the people. 

Related- Who is Carey Kelly? Wiki, Biography, News, Wife & Facts About R. Kelly’s Brother

Discography

Album / YearSongs
Don’t Call Me (2019)Philosophy.
Call in Confusion.
Feel on Me.
Dhmu.
Late Night.
Location.
Cheers to You, Shadow (2020)Sarah (Bonus Track).
Back Up.
Mmm Yea.
You Ain’t A Threat (feat. Kyd Taurian).
Swift.
MAD.
Backwood Interlude.

Joann Kelly’s Net worth / Income 

Kelly is getting a huge income from her career. She is living a comfortable and luxurious life with her brothers and mother. She would be getting around USD 10-12k (approx.) from her songs. 

A rough estimate of her net worth is at $1-2 million USD approximately. On the other hand, if we talked about her father R. Kelly’s net worth, so it would be around USD 9-11 million approximately. 

Also Read: Interesting Facts About Jax Taylor’s Wife Brittany Cartwright

8 Facts You Must Know About Joann Kelly

Social Media Profiles

Instagram: @bu.k.u

Twitter: not found.

Facebook: will update.

FAQs of Joann Kelly

Q. 1 Who is Joann Kelly? 

Ans. Joann is a famous American singer, actress, and social media star. 

Q. 2 What is the age of Joann Kelly?

Ans. 23 years old (as of 2021). 

Q. 3 Who are Joann Kelly’s parents?

Ans. Kelly’s father’s name is R. Kelly and her mother’s name is Andrea Kelly.

Q. 4 What is the name of the brothers of Joann Kelly? 

Ans. Jay Kelly and Robert Kelly Jr. 

Q. 5 When did Joann Kelly born? 

Ans. March 19, 1998.

Q. 6 What is the stage name of Joann Kelly? 

Ans. Buku Abi.

Images Source: Instagram.com/bu.k.u.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7r7HWrKynspmle6S7zGiuoqOZZLewrc2nZKSdnKHGcA%3D%3D